[ImageJ-devel] BioImaging ROI Spec

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Oct 9 13:32:52 CDT 2012

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the thorough summary.

> -- do we agree to use scijava to start this discussion?

Yes, I agree that the scijava mailing list is the best place for further
discussion:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/scijava

> -- can we put materials, discussions we each have there?

Indeed, though I think technical materials should go into the
@scijava/roi-model repository:
    https://github.com/scijava/roi-model

We can add anyone interested in contributing to the committers list. (Or
you can fork it and submit a PR; either way.)

Figuring out how to organize everything might be a bit tricky, though.

> -- date for meeting—is there another scheduled event we should
> piggyback on? (Note I think things like the ImageJ mtg are not a good
> idea; too many other things going on)

Well, the ImageJ conference (Oct 24-26) is the only time I will be in the
EU otherwise. So no, there is no other meeting that would be convenient for
me personally to piggyback on.

> -- everyone OK with Dundee for mtg place??

Dundee is OK with me, as far as the EU goes. That said, I was recently
lamenting how (with respect to international flights) all of our groups are
based in smaller cities off the proverbial beaten path: Dundee, Dresden,
Madison, Konstanz... But Paris (Pasteur) & Boston (Broad/CellProfiler) are
also represented here! Maybe the big city folks want to organize one of
these shindigs in the future?