[ImageJ-devel] Bug in ImageJ2 ?

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 18:26:26 CDT 2012

Hi Curtis,

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > The getPOM method does not work in the plugin/eclipse environment that
> > is used by KNIME. I think this might be related to some OSGI stuff
> > having separate class loaders for each plugin...
>
> After much research and experimentation, I believe I have fixed this bug:
>     https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/66b4e29e

I will have to test this again in the Fiji context. It will most likely
fail since there is no imagej.Main in the class path. I am not sure that
the stack trace will contain a valid main class as top-level entry.

My apologies, it was my mistake to omit an explanation why my fix was
necessary (to keep the Fiji updater running okay).

> I also made several other improvements to ImageJ2's base directory
> detection:
>     https://github.com/imagej/imagej/compare/66b4e29ede81...ca49a734d5cc
>
> Using the latest ij-core-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in place of KNIP's bundled
> ij-core-2.0.0-beta4.jar, the problem is fixed on my system, and the ImageJ2
> nodes appear as expected now.

That is cool!

Ciao,
Dscho