[ImageJ-devel] [IMGLIB] moved algorithm and stats packages out of imglib2-core

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:54:59 CST 2012

Hi Tobias et. al,

If you could do the split, Curtis, that would be great.

I have pushed changes to the ImgLib repository that split
imglib2-algorithms into two halves:
1) imglib2-algorithms
2) imglib2-algorithms-gpl

For details, see:
  https://github.com/imagej/imglib/commit/0bf737ca

The net.imglib2.algorithm interfaces live in imglib2-algorithms, as do most
of the current algorithms. This project is licensed under BSD.

The imglib2-algorithms-gpl project contains the GPL-licensed algorithms,
and has dependencies on mpicbg and mines-jtk.

With this change, the ImageJ2 build is now working again (see
http://jenkins.imagej.net/).

It may be that some of the algorithms in imglib2-algorithms should be moved
to imglib2-algorithms-gpl, to match the wishes of the authors. Currently,
only the fft and transformation packages reside in imglib2-algorithms-gpl.
All the others currently belong to imglib2-algorithms:
  * componenttree
  * floydsteinberg
  * function
  * gauss
  * integral
  * kdtree
  * labeling
  * stats

[ACTION ITEM] For the above packages, if the relevant author(s) would
prefer a GPL license, let me know and I will happily move them into
imglib2-algorithms-gpl. (The only one ImageJ2 currently needs to stay BSD
is stats.)

Secondly, since the project structure was changing anyway, I took the
opportunity to improve the names of the POM projects:
  https://github.com/imagej/imglib/commit/23bf5218

[ACTION ITEM] I recommend deleting your existing ImgLib Eclipse projects
(with "Delete project contents on disk" unchecked), and reimporting using
File > Import > Existing Maven Projects. This will give you the latest
project structure.

Hopefully this will be the last structural change before we release an
ImgLib2 beta.

Thanks,
Curtis