[ImageJ-devel] Finding classes and importing the right Maven artifacts

Stephan Preibisch preibisch at mpi-cbg.de
Wed Jul 25 13:22:59 CDT 2012

Hi,

can I ask a related question. Yesterday, I tried to add jna.jar as a Maven dependency to a plugin for some testing. But I was unable to figure out a valid version that I need, the artifact id and the group id. Where I do get this stuff from? Luckily the CPU_Meter used it, so I copied it from there:

		<dependency>
			<groupId>net.java.dev.jna</groupId>
			<artifactId>jna</artifactId>
			<version>3.2.7</version>
		</dependency>

But is is unclear to me why the group id would be "net.java.dev.jna" as the entire package is in com.sun.*, e.g.:

import com.sun.jna.Library;
import com.sun.jna.Native;
import com.sun.jna.Platform;

I guess there must be somewhere a pom.xml where all jars, their id's, locations, available versions etc. are listed - where I could also add a new jar if required. But I did not manage to find where that would be.

Thanks a lot and nice greetings,
Stephan