[ImageJ-devel] Finding classes and importing the right Maven artifacts

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 13:05:51 CDT 2012

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Michael Doube wrote:

> > import imagej.data.display.DatasetView; import
> > imagej.platform.PlatformService;
>
> I found them, by using net.imagej and not imagej as the group ID and
> ij-data and ij-platform as the artefact IDs. Why the distinction?

Yep, the groupId is net.imagej (the convention is to use the inverted
domain name).

The distinction between ij-data and ij-platform is that the former deals
with image data while the latter deals with platform-specific
functionality such as opening a URL in a web browser.

In general, we tried to modularize ImageJ2 as much as possible (hence the
need for the ImageJ updater to keep things easy to use). This allows to
cherry-pick exactly which parts of ImageJ2 you want to use.

Ciao,
Dscho