[ImageJ-devel] Finding classes and importing the right Maven artifacts

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Jul 25 12:30:25 CDT 2012

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Michael Doube wrote:

> I'm Mavenizing the BoneJ project so that I can streamline coding,
> testing and deployment, while moving to the IJ2 API.

Great! You remind me that I still owe you that blog post describing Maven
and Jenkins and Git and how they work together in the ImageJ2 project.

> Mostly, Eclipse has handled that OK. But, now I'm editing my pom.xml and
> am missing a couple of dependencies, which are really hard to find. I
> don't know whether classes moved or changed name, or are just somewhere
> other than I expect and unsearchable.
>
> So, specifically - which dependencies do I need to declare in pom.xml to
> satisfy these imports?
>
> import imagej.data.display.DatasetView;
>
> used here:
> https://github.com/mdoube/BoneJ/blob/bonej2/src/org/bonej/VolumeFraction.java

In a fiji.git checkout with all .jar files updated from the ImageJ update
site, I ran this:

./bin/find-jar-for-class.py imagej.data.display.DatasetView
Class imagej.data.display.DatasetView is in /home/gene099/fiji/jars/ij-data-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

> import imagej.platform.PlatformService;
> used here:
> https://github.com/mdoube/BoneJ/blob/bonej2/src/org/bonej/Help.java

and likewise this:

./bin/find-jar-for-class.py imagej.platform.PlatformService
Class imagej.platform.PlatformService is in /home/gene099/fiji/jars/ij-platform-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Ciao,
Johannes