[ImageJ-devel] Dubious new Wiki accounts

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Mon Jul 16 10:41:13 CDT 2012

Hi Stephan,

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012, Stephan Saalfeld wrote:

> Thanks!

You're welcome!

> BTW---confirmation e-mails aren't a very solid entrance door.  If I were
> to write a bot, I would make it use either trashmail or any personal
> mail-server that I control and call any link that comes to me by
> mail---door open.

Yes, but my major aim is not to keep bots out, but to strike a balance
between keeping bots out and lowering the barrier for the potentially many
people who were intimidated by not being able to get an account easily.

Should there be a spammer who gets through, I will block the account right
away and revert the changes. That's not too much trouble, methinks.

Ciao,
Dscho