[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] New methods in CalibratedSpace

Stephan Preibisch preibisch at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Jul 12 16:05:21 CDT 2012

In principle, I agree. However it might break some code in a bad way. We used several times constructs like

Img< T > img;

if ( img instanceOf ImagePlusImg )
{
	// get the underlying instance (which is especially true after wrapping)
	ImagePlus imp = ((ImagePlusImg)img).getImagePlus();

	// or do something else where you test instanceof
}

which would suddenly fail because ImgPlus is an Img, but only HAS for example an ImagePlusImg...

What do you think?

Bye bye,
Steffi