[ImageJ-devel] Calling IJ legacy methods

Johannes Schindelin schindelin at wisc.edu
Tue Jan 3 05:18:39 CST 2012

Hi Mike,

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012, Michael Doube wrote:

> I'm starting the long process of getting BoneJ into shape to run under
> IJ2, as we discussed at the Hackathon in Dresden last year.

Cool!

> There are of course a ton of dependencies on classes in ij.jar, so in
> general, how can us plugin developers deal with this during migration?

The macro language support I started to implement (and which I did not
work on for some time for several reasons) should have a few hints:

http://fiji.sc/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=imagej2/.git;a=blob;f=script/macro/src/main/java/imagej/script/MacroFunctions.java;h=e25a48876bf050ded11fc5b7700103bf17f0a127;hb=2da5e16cfc1809d7874bed8740a16cd151b23301

(Note: we'll probably move some source code repositories around, so the
URL is very likely to change in the next few weeks; will keep you posted!

> In particular, right now I'm looking for a BrowserLauncher, a la
> ij.plugin.BrowserLauncher (which is already borrowed code). But there
> will be many more situations like this I'm sure.

I don't think it exists yet, but it's probably a job for the
PlatformService.

Ciao,
Dscho