[ImageJ-devel] Maven 3 support

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Tue Feb 28 14:45:46 CST 2012

Hi Curtis,

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > And sure enough, they don't, because Maven 3 no longer accepts the
> > wagon extension in its current form.
>
> I tested your change on my local system with Maven 3.0.4, but
> unfortunately it breaks the build:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy (default-deploy) on
> project pom-ij-base: Failed to deploy artifacts/metadata: No connector
> available to access repository imagej.snapshots (dav:
> http://maven.imagej.net/content/repositories/snapshots) of type default
> using the available factories WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory -> [Help 1]

Bummer.

> However, on my system with the wagon-webdav extension still in place,
> the deploy works fine. So our experiences are not in line here; Maven 3
> + wagon-webdav works for me. Could there be some other cause to the
> problems you're seeing?

The problems I was seeing were not even in deployment. A plain Eclipse IDE
For Java Developers installation fails with this error:

Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav:1.0-beta-2 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-webdav:jar:1.0-beta-2 ()

> Since Maven 2.2.1 is the current Maven 2 version and even if I do not know
> > what version m2e bundles, it seems to compile fine in my m2e
> > installation, so I assume it is newer than 2.0.9.
> >

> I agree that we do not need to support Maven 2.0.x. If our builds work with
> Maven 2.2.x and 3.0.x, then I am happy. (Actually, I am happy even if we
> require Maven 3, although there are some arguments not to limit ourselves
> that way.)

Well, first I have to make it work with Maven 3 at all ;-) BTW I added a
ticket for this: http://trac.imagej.net/ticket/1032

> > P.S.: I needed to install Eclipse for all three Operating Systems
> > supported by Fiji so I can make sure that the changes I intend to make
> > on SwingOutputWindow do not break existing functionality (as I am on
> > Linux, I always get these crappy scrollbars, and I verified that the
> > same happens on Windows, but not on MacOSX, so I guess that some
> > overly specific dimensioning code is responsible that assumes a bit
> > too much).
>
> The crappy scroll bars have been a continuing nuisance. I think it may be a
> bug in JHotDraw.

Heh, I thought so, too... See: http://trac.imagej.net/ticket/1025

Ciao,
Dscho