[ImageJ-devel] Maven 3 support

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Mon Feb 27 19:16:12 CST 2012

Hi all,

unfortunately, I updated the instructions on http://developer.imagej.net/
on how to install Eclipse a bit prematurely: I was so happy that Eclipse
IDE for Java Developers already brought its own Maven plugin that I
edited the text to say that we prefer that version. Without checking that
things actually compile.

And sure enough, they don't, because Maven 3 no longer accepts the wagon
extension in its current form.

Now, a little research shows that somebody official _claims_ that starting
with Maven 2.0.9, specifying that wagon extension for WebDAV is not at all
necessary, it should be active by default.

Since Maven 2.2.1 is the current Maven 2 version and even if I do not know
what version m2e bundles, it seems to compile fine in my m2e
installation, so I assume it is newer than 2.0.9.

The only thing I am worried about: WebDAV is needed for deploying, too.
And I have no idea how to test that (not without risking the heavens to
break open and the archangels to hunt me down).

So I'd like your help: could you test this commit?

https://github.com/imagej/imagej/commit/2c755b58032c2f74d1a336c80166deedfb86e5e2

(I guess that I implictly mean you, Curtis ;-)

Ciao,
Dscho

P.S.: I needed to install Eclipse for all three Operating Systems
supported by Fiji so I can make sure that the changes I intend to make on
SwingOutputWindow do not break existing functionality (as I am on Linux, I
always get these crappy scrollbars, and I verified that the same happens
on Windows, but not on MacOSX, so I guess that some overly specific
dimensioning code is responsible that assumes a bit too much).