[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Changes in ImgLib synchronization

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 13:39:30 CST 2012

Hi Curtis,

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > I also realized that our IJ1 synchronizer belongs into that group,
> > although it is doubtful that the associated script is of any use to
> > anybody except for us; IJ1 synchronization is just too specific to the
> > layout of the IJ1 website.
>
> Sure. But it is still useful for the community to be able to check the
> status, and verify that the synchronization is working. And it serves as
> a nice model for how one could do something similar to track other
> projects that use tarballs instead of a public VCS.

Yeah, I agree. I should have made my point clearer: there is little gain
from hacking up this script:

https://github.com/fiji/ImageJA/blob/tools/jenkins-job.sh

which calls

https://github.com/fiji/ImageJA/blob/tools/commit-new-version.sh

and

https://github.com/fiji/ImageJA/blob/tools/sync-with-imagej.sh

because it is so special-purpose. I fully agree that it makes sense to
have it in a public repository, which is why I put it into the
(independent) 'tools' branch of ImageJA. Not only can people look at it
(compare to http://t.co/nwh7hBfg) but I have a backup in case I want to
put the job somewhere else (which is how it ended up with our Jenkins in
the first place, for a long time, I was doing it manually).

OTOH it would be easy to hack up

https://github.com/imagej/imagej/blob/master/bin/jenkins-git-job.sh

to make it as configurable as the Git-synchronizer: the first parameter
would be the SVN URL, and all subsequent parameters would be Git-SVN URLs
in the same style as for the Git-synchronizer.

But I'll do that only when we need it.

Ciao,
Dscho