[ImageJ-devel] imagej2 window seven

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Dec 11 16:58:24 CST 2012

Hi Pierre,

> Does someone can run the imagej-2.0.0-beta5 ?
> I use windows seven, 64 bits.
> I can't even launch the application.

Sorry for the trouble.

I was able to launch the 2.0.0-beta5 release on Win7 64-bits from a fresh
download off the web site. However, after updating, I had the same problem
you describe: the splash screen appeared, disappeared, and then ImageJ
never comes up.

I tracked down the issue to a problem with the latest JARs on the update
site. I have now fixed the problem. If you download a fresh 2.0.0-beta5,
and then run the updater, all should be well.

P.S. If a fresh 2.0.0-beta5 doesn't work, please verify that you have Java
installed. ImageJ2 is not yet bundled with a Java runtime.