[ImageJ-devel] IJ2 work/Histogram

Aivar Grislis grislis at wisc.edu
Fri Aug 10 18:13:21 CDT 2012

 >The mapping of values to histogram bins counts values that are less
than the min in the first bin and values that are greater than the max
in the last bin. */Is this really desirable behavior?/ * In my usage of
histograms I specifically don't want to count under- and over-range
values.  Similarly when using a LUT I like under- and over-range values
to appear black.  Of course if we need it work both ways we can provide
a switch.

I totally forgot, actually thats how IJ1 works: it does assign
under-range values to the first color and over-range values to the last
color.

For my purposes, I had to kludge up the first and last colors of the LUT
to be black and fiddle with the min/max values to make it all work.