[ImageJ-devel] Basic usage of ImageJ2 libraries in seperate application (Simple display image in JFrame)

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Aug 1 15:54:12 CDT 2012

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delay in my reply; I have been away for the past two
weeks on family leave.

> I have a (hopefully) simple question. I have a separate application
> which launches a JFrame which displays a DICOM image and provides
> basic functionality like zooming and ROI. I have this working with
> ImageJ libraries no problem (ImagePlus etc).
>
> I would like to replicate this using the new ImageJ2 libraries.
> However, when looking through the likely classes to guide me, I find
> myself getting lost!.
> I simply wish to display an image in a JFrame and provide the basis
> functionality that a standard ImageJ2 window does (zooming, scrolling
> through slices etc).

I wrote some sample code that does what you ask. See this new blog entry:

http://developer.imagej.net/2012/08/01/loading-and-displaying-dataset-imagej2-api

We hope to write lots more documentation over the next couple of months. In
the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions about it!