[ImageJ-devel] ImgLib2 Converter

Stephan Saalfeld saalfeld at mpi-cbg.de
Tue Apr 24 12:16:14 CDT 2012

Dear ImgLib2 developers,

we have introduced read-only views for transparent pixel type conversion
using the existing Converter interface.  Since views would have clashed
with the corresponding read-write SamplerConverter views that Tobias and
Steffi have developed at the last Dresden Hackathon, we have changed the
package hierarchy accordingly.

The Converter interface itself is still in the old place but
SamplerConverter related code has moved into a sub-package.  If you have
been using SamplerConverter, please check your code with the ImgLib2
branch 'converters' in advance.  I will merge the changes to 'master'
later this week.

If interested, check the new convenience factory methods in
net.imglib2.converter.Converters.

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Stephan