[ImageJ-devel] More small bugs, IJ2 beta 1

Senseney, Justin (NIH/CIT) [E] senseneyj at mail.nih.gov
Wed Apr 18 11:57:17 CDT 2012

I hope you don't mind if I use this mailing list to report more small bugs.

*         Fill appears to always use 255 to fill with, no matter the image type.

*         When you create an ROI, only its initial point's location is fixed, you can change that initial point to be the top-left, top-right, bottom-left, or bottom-right point.  However when you adjust the size of a fixed-shape ROI (like circle and square), the diagonally opposite point is fixed in orientation (ex. If you created

[cid:image007.jpg at 01CD1D62.C8801490] and wanted to modify the location of the bottom-right point, you could go no farther than: [cid:image008.jpg at 01CD1D62.C8801490] .  What the user usually wants to do is turn that bottom-right point into a bottom-left point to create: [cid:image009.jpg at 01CD1D62.C8801490] .  While this is implemented in IJ1, I'm not sure that implementation is ideal, I think you'll see what I mean when you try it in IJ1.

*         If I move my previously created ROI to the edge of the image window, it becomes stuck, as in: [cid:image011.jpg at 01CD1D62.C8801490] .  I would have expected to be able to move the ROI outside of the image window (which I think is a really cool new feature of IJ2), but at the very least I wanted to just drag my ROI back.  The ROI has become frozen in this position and I must re-click if I want to move it (this only happens when no previously-off the viewport ROIs have been created).

*         FEATURE: Since the menu items are de-localized in IJ2, it might be useful to also see the intensity values and position printed on these new menu bars as well.  I will often have so many windows open that I can't find the main window, so it's hard to figure out what the current intensity value/position is that I'm hovering over.

Can your trac system can handle images?  Hope you find these helpful.  I'm noticing many more things, but have only focused on those features without the IJ1 icon next to them.

Justin Senseney
BIRSS/ISL/DCB/CIT/NIH
301-594-5887
301-480-0028 (fax)