[ImageJ-devel] ROI presentation powerpoint

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed May 25 02:35:17 CDT 2011

Hi Lee,

On Mon, 23 May 2011, Lee Kamentsky wrote:

> Here's the powerpoint presentation for the ROI talk. We'll be online via
> Skype at 10:00 am US Eastern, 9:00 am US central, 16:00 in Germany (?)
> next Wednesday.

It's probably cutting it a bit close for us, since we'll have a symposium
about Fiji that runs until 4pm (and hopefully not over). So I will
probably be late, but still try to attend.

But I can mention a few points I would like to hear raised:

- often it is necessary to be able to iterate the just-outside pixels and
  the just-inside pixels. A trivial fallback strategy would be to wrap an
  Iterator of all outside (or inside) pixels and test, and continue until
  we find out that is on the boundary. Horribly slow, but robust.

- When measuring area and circumference, we should definitely realize that
  we're working with sampled data, and consequentially we should always
  have some +/- number with the value.

- 3D display of ROIs.

That last point is probably a bit philosophical, because it will only hit
us in the future... So for now it's just necessary to keep in mind that
we'll want to have them.

Ciao,
Dscho