[ImageJ-devel] ImageJ2 and OME ROI models

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 19:04:47 CDT 2011

Hi Jason,

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, Jason Swedlow wrote:

> I want to discuss with everyone one on this side, but I think there is
> general agreement with all the points you are making.  The model ImageJ
> uses for ROIs (or anything else) must deliver utility for ImageJ devs
> and users-- that's its first priority.  I think the major point is that
> we should build and implement these tools mindful of common and
> interoperable use.  That sounds like what is happening, and Lee's work
> to date sounds great. We'll look at it and report back.  In any case, I
> doubt we can completely avoid adapting one to another.  I believe we
> should treat the willingness to consider and plan for adaptability as a
> good thing, and the basis for future cooperation and collaboration.

My experience is that when people are forced to adapt two paradigms into
one, either the outcome is better than any of the previous attempts, or
the people do not speak to each other anymore :-)

Seriously again, I think that we're on a good track here, because what Lee
does is indeed the implementation side of something that is pretty well
defined in the OME standard.

So all is good.

> On the wider issue of broadening OME's scope, that is happening anyway,
> and will be done because it is useful and for no other reason.  We'll
> likely agree to keep "OME", and we can decide what M stands for later
> (maybe "Muhahahahahaha!").

How about "Meh!"?

:-)

Ciao,