[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] ImgLib2 merge to master

Albert Cardona sapristi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 04:43:21 CDT 2011

2011/4/21 Stephan Saalfeld <saalfeld at mpi-cbg.de>:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for putting your hands into this.  As Curtis has explained
> already, the idea is to skip the non-compiling sub-projects from the
> builds into a running system.  Thanks to Curtis and the ImageJDevs who
> have circumvented a terrible bug in javac, these sub-projects are:
>
> imglib2
> --> core
> --> io
> --> ui
>
> ImgLib1 as required for Fiji is entirely unaffected and compiles
> bravely, just lives in another place.
>
> That should be possible in the Fakefiles---not?!  Should I have a look?
>
> In opposition to your workflow, we found it helpful to leave broken code
> broken instead of break-fixing it into compiling but not functional
> state until somebody runs into the trap (TODO comments are less hintful
> than compile errors).  Eclipse allows us to do that and we are
> thankfully using this opportunity.

Eclipse shows an exclamation sign on the imglib project node and gives
up completely on indicating where there are errors.

Is there any way to make eclipse behave? I would like to fix
imglib2-scripting and I have no idea where to start. The first problem
is that some key imglib2 classes have disappeared, such as ImgCursor.
The documentation that Johannes was asking for would go a long way.

Albert

--
http://albert.rierol.net