[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] ImgLib2 merge to master

Stephan Saalfeld saalfeld at mpi-cbg.de
Thu Apr 21 04:15:25 CDT 2011

Hi,

thanks for putting your hands into this.  As Curtis has explained
already, the idea is to skip the non-compiling sub-projects from the
builds into a running system.  Thanks to Curtis and the ImageJDevs who
have circumvented a terrible bug in javac, these sub-projects are:

imglib2
--> core
--> io
--> ui

ImgLib1 as required for Fiji is entirely unaffected and compiles
bravely, just lives in another place.

That should be possible in the Fakefiles---not?!  Should I have a look?

In opposition to your workflow, we found it helpful to leave broken code
broken instead of break-fixing it into compiling but not functional
state until somebody runs into the trap (TODO comments are less hintful
than compile errors).  Eclipse allows us to do that and we are
thankfully using this opportunity.

Cheers,
Stephan