[ImageJ-devel] Configuring Eclipse for Maven under Ubuntu

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Apr 4 12:01:55 CDT 2011

Hi Michael,

I have tried several times and failed to import the ImageJ2 source as an
> Eclipse project using the instructions here:
> http://imagejdev.org/eclipse

Sorry for your trouble.

JavaHL is not installed by installing subversion, it is provided by
> libsvn-java.  However, installing libsvn-java doesn't fix the problem,

Thanks for the info, and sorry for the misinformation. I have updated the
instructions accordingly.

I'm now stuck because apparently JavaHL is installed
> (Window-Preferences-Team-SVN shows me a version number).

The "m2eclipse Extras" provide the Maven/SCM integration. Since I wrote
those instructions, they have updated the Extras to be more granular. You
must now also install the "Maven Integration for Subclipse" in order to
import Maven projects via SVN. I tested it just now, and it works for me. I
have updated the instructions accordingly.

Alternately, if you don't want to use m2eclipse Extras, you can do what
Barry suggested: check out the code using SVN on the command line, then
"File > Import > Existing Maven Projects" into Eclipse. (This is what we do
personally.)

-Curtis