[ImageJ-devel] Naming [was: Re: [fiji-devel] RegionOfInterestCursor considered misnamed]

Grant B. Harris gharris at mbl.edu
Mon Oct 11 20:34:16 CDT 2010

  Stephan,

"Domain" is appealing in that it can be interpreted broadly - images and
signals can "be in" the spatial domain, frequency domain, or wavelet
domain.  And it doesn't have any implied dimensionality (unlike "space"
which has some connotation of only 3-D).

Also, I like the idea of a sub-interface called `Tensors' for a discrete
regular grid.

- Grant