[ImageJ-devel] Naming [was: Re: [fiji-devel] RegionOfInterestCursor considered misnamed]

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Mon Oct 11 14:06:03 CDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Curtis Rueden wrote:

> > I vote for interface "Tensor".
>
> Great, much better than the names I suggested!

Keep in mind that we're not necessarily targeting mathematicians. Rather,
our typical developer is some random scientist trying to get stuff done in
their respective field of research, such as biology.

I have not met a biologist yet, for example, who understood without
explanation what I mean when I used the word 'tensor'.

And we're still talking about image processing, not tensor processing.

Sure, we could try to do the same as certain *cough cough* companies
introducing their own nomenclature. But I do not like this.

Ciao,
Dscho