[ImageJ-devel] Design meeting notes

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 6 17:02:19 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

A few of us met for several hours today to discuss some design issues for
ImageJ 2.0. The original goal of the meeting was to begin defining a new
core class hierarchy corresponding to many of ImageJ's historically most
central classes: e.g., ImagePlus, ImageStack, ImageProcessor. However, we
discussed several other architectural issues as well. I tried to take notes
but they ended up being very terse. Nonetheless, I wanted to mention their
availability at:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=13zVORIFldha5xT8C3wUPLPGr_ok30rh9whLrEsxYA_s

There are not really any detailed class and/or interface definitions
yet—when the design is that far along we will post details, diagrams, etc.
to the imagejdev.org web site. But for the moment we are focusing on some
concrete milestones within the existing ImageJ v1.x codebase, to present at
the ImageJ conference later this month.

-Curtis