[ImageJ-devel] Labeling / segmentation proposal for imglib

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Tue Nov 16 15:56:14 CST 2010

Now I do ;-)

I think the ShapeImage container is not appropriate since it's based on
java.awt.Shape - I think that segmentation results are too general to be
represented by shapes, the ShapeListCache doesn't scale to hundreds of
labels per image, and the typical algorithms used on these sorts of
results might not be efficient. Also, using java.awt on the Mac will
cause difficulties for CellProfiler and others because of some
unfortunate implementation decisions in awt and Mac OS beyond our control.

--Lee