[ImageJ-devel] CellProfiler / ImageJ

Lee Kamentsky leek at broadinstitute.org
Fri May 14 10:35:27 CDT 2010

Sneak preview: I've created an ImageJ module (RunImageJ) in
CellProfiler; because of AWT issues, it only works in Windows for now.
It's in the code-base if you're hardcore, for the curious with access to
a PC, you can get an MSI install from http://www.broadinstitute.org/~leek

To see it in its full chimeral glory, put the RunImageJ module in your
pipeline (it's in the Image Processing module group) and press the
"Show" button at the bottom of the module settings panel. For now, it
works by optionally injecting a single image into ImageJ's current
ImagePlus object, running a macro or command and then harvesting the
current ImagePlus object. I am guessing that a clever macro writer might
operate on multiple images with several RunImageJ modules which each
inject an image into ImageJ or extract an image from ImageJ. I can
probably put and get images by title in a single module, wanted to see
if people liked the initial direction before making it too fancy.

--Lee