[ImageJ-devel] plugin versioning

Nico Stuurman nico.stuurman at ucsf.edu
Thu Jul 30 13:38:26 CDT 2015

What is the recommended strategy for versioning of plugins?  For
instance, I set up a maven project for my plugin, create a jar (named
myplugin_-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar) and make that available through the Fiji
updater.  I then make some changes and want to increase the version in
my pom.xml file (lets say to 0.1.1-SNAPSHOT).  This will change the name
of the jar.  Will the updater figure it out that this is the same
plugin?  Are there guidelines for plugin developers to follow?

Thanks!

Nico