[ImageJ-devel] Fiji.sc or ImageJ.net

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Jul 24 11:56:19 CDT 2015

Hi Nico,

A couple other details I forgot:

1) imagej.net is more than just the wiki. It also serves ImageJ1 content;
e.g.:

http://imagej.net/index.html
- The ImageJ1 home page

http://imagej.net/ImageJ
- A wiki page

This works via proxying: imagej.net forwards the request to either
http://mirror.imagej.net/ or http://wiki.imagej.net/ depending on the URL
requested.

2) fiji.sc has a couple of bells and whistles not present on imagej.net:

- The Git repository mirrors: http://fiji.sc/git
- The search shortcuts—e.g.: http://fiji.sc/ImageJ.java

For the Git mirrors, my preference would be to put them on GitHub instead.

For the search shortcuts, we now have http://search.imagej.net/ which is
hopefully a better search solution overall (though there are pros and cons).