[ImageJ-devel] help with Confidence Interval Autoscale method?

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 30 10:33:13 CST 2015

Hi Francis,

An AutoscaleMethod is a plugin to an AutoscaleService[1], and is either
accessed directly (via getAutoscaleMethod) or indirectly (via
getDefaultMethod or the getDefault...Range metods). To use this code in
ImageJ you would either have to use a command that calls into the
AutoscaleService, or write your own plugin/macro.

Here's an example of a simple python macro that prints the min/max
calculated using the confidence interval method:

------
# @AutoscaleService asService
# @net.imagej.Dataset data

m = asService.getAutoscaleMethod('Confidence Interval')

r = m.getRange(data)

print 'Range min: ', r.getMin(), ', max: ', r.getMax()
----

The first two lines are script parameters[2]. The AutoscaleService is
available by default, but for a Dataset you will have to open an image
either with ImageJ2/SCIFIO enabled (Edit > Options > ImageJ2) or using the
"File > Import > Image..." command directly.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,
Mark

[1]
https://github.com/imagej/imagej-common/blob/master/src/main/java/net/imagej/autoscale/AutoscaleService.java