[ImageJ-devel] Disable automatic showing of command output

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Sep 24 12:35:09 CDT 2015

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the delay in reply; things got busy with ImageJ conference and
hackathon, and I'm finally catching up.

> I am wondering if it is Possible to disable the Automatic showing of a
> Dataset Output when running a command through the Command Service.

Yes, but it is somewhat a pain right now:

* You can pass "false" for the process flag to suppress all pre- and
post-processing, including display of outputs.

* You can use the lower-level ModuleService to customize exactly which pre-
and post-processing plugins you want to include in the module execution.

I am guessing what you want is all pre- and post-processing to occur
_except_ for the final display of outputs? I agree it would be nice to have
a super-easy way to do this, though I'm not totally sure what the API would
look like for it.

Care to file an issue? https://github.com/scijava/scijava-common/issues