[ImageJ-devel] Stack overflow error with screen size computation

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu May 28 17:11:05 CDT 2015

Hi Wayne,

[CCing imagej-devel, since this discussion may be of interest to other
developers, particularly my colleague Mark Hiner who is working on these
issues now.]

> The ImageJ launcher does not work with ImageJ1 on OS X because it
> assumes the plugins directory is in the ImageJ.app directory when it
> is actually in the same directory as ImageJ.app.

Thanks, I filed an issue so we won't forget:
  https://github.com/imagej/imagej-launcher/issues/31

Mark Hiner's main project for the summer is issues with launching and
distribution, so hopefully we'll see some progress on the robustness,
especially on OS X.

> Another problem with the launcher on OS X is that I have not found a
> way to get it to use an embedded JRE. I tried putting a Java 8 JRE in
> Image.app/jre but the launcher did not use it.

I filed an issue for that too:
  https://github.com/imagej/imagej-launcher/issues/32

Although I did not test it with the latest version of the launcher since
Johannes improved the Java version selection.