[ImageJ-devel] Eclipse hickup with enforcer rules of pom-fiji > 7.2.0

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:18:53 CDT 2015

Hi Stephan,

> Do you know about this [, do you have an idea what it is[

Probably, this started happening because of this change:

https://github.com/scijava/pom-scijava/commit/5e6bddae9fcc965722c0fce1e2996c2e49b60411

Which in general is a _good_ thing because it's better for Eclipse to tell
you than for Jenkins to tell you later after you pushed to master.

If there are enforcer issues, they should be addressed, or if unaddressable
the enforcer can be squelched so that CLI and Jenkins also do not complain.

The weird thing here is that your Eclipse is complaining but our CLI is
not. Jay may be on to something about a Maven version discrepancy. Why are
you still on Kepler? You could try upgrading to Luna—I know of at least one
annoying Maven-related bug that was fixed. You could also try using the Run
As > Maven build... and specifying the "Debug Output" option (which passes
the -X flag to Maven), and see if that tells you anything interesting.