[ImageJ-devel] Bug? using ConnectedComponents and LabelRegion(s) with ImageJFunctions.wrapByte(ImagePlus imp)

Jay Warrick warrick at wisc.edu
Tue Jun 30 01:01:26 CDT 2015

Hi All,

I am getting different behavior using the new ConnectedComponents class of imglib2-algorithm depending on whether I get and Img<UnsignedByteType> from a SCIFIO ImageOpener vs. when I get the same image as an Img<UnsignedByteType> by wrapping an ImagePlus. In the SCIFIO case, ConnectedComponents finds the expected single circle while with a wrapped ImagePlus, it doesn't find any regions.

Any thoughts/fixes? Might there be something occurring during the wrapping process to cause an issue? Here is a tiny commented maven project with the example scenario.

https://github.com/jaywarrick/ConnectedComponentsTest

The tiny .tif I'm using is included in the project but is loaded by a string path. Thus, you need to retype the path to the image to match your computer, but that should be it. Sorry... wasn't sure how to avoid that easily.

Thanks for your help,

Jay