[ImageJ-devel] 3D viewer website is down

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Jun 16 11:46:15 CDT 2015

Hi Wayne,

[Switching to imagej-devel, since the thread becomes more technical.]

> The ImageJ 1.49 distribution, due in a few weeks, will include the
> version of 3D Viewer at
>
>    http://bonej.org/download/ImageJ_3D_Viewer.jar

Is there some reason not to use an official release of the 3D Viewer?

They are available from the ImageJ Maven repository [1].

Regarding dependencies, you can use Git and Maven to easily download them:

$ git clone git://github.com/fiji/3D_Viewer
$ cd 3D_Viewer
$ mvn dependency:copy-dependencies
$ ls target/dependency

Note also that the 3D Viewer will undergo some changes in coming weeks: we
will change the Java 3D dependency to use the new JOGL-based Java 3D 1.6
prerelease. This will eliminate the need to install Java 3D as a Java
platform extension, in favor of it being a simple dependency like
everything else.

[1] http://maven.imagej.net/index.html#nexus-search;gav~sc.fiji~3D_Viewer