[ImageJ-devel] plugin versioning

Mark Hiner hiner at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 30 13:55:28 CDT 2015

Hi Nico,

> Are there guidelines for plugin developers to follow?

The development section[1] of the wiki is, in general, intended to provide
these guidelines. The versioning page[2] in particular is relevant here,
along with the Fiji contribution requirements[3].

>Will the updater figure it out that this is the same plugin?

Yes - if you use one of the patterns on the versioning page then the
updater will do the right thing and determine it's a new version of the
same jar.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Mark