[ImageJ-devel] SCIFIO and imageJ1

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Jan 14 10:07:04 CST 2015

Hi Pietro,

> Is there any way to pack a jar with SCIFIO included that work also in
> imageJ1

Certainly. But it would help to be more specific about what you are trying
to do.

By "pack a jar with SCIFIO" do you mean "create an uber-JAR with
dependencies embedded"? Or something else?

By "ImageJ1" do you mean the vanilla ImageJ1 distribution from
imagej.nih.gov? If so, you can do it, but I would recommend saving yourself
a lot of work and just recommending people use ImageJ2, which comes with
SCIFIO already bundled. But if you really want to go that route, look at
the maven-shade-plugin or maven-assembly-plugin [1].

[1] Here is a starting point for how we create an ImageJ2 uber-JAR with
dependencies:
https://github.com/imagej/imagej/blob/imagej-2.0.0-rc-22/pom.xml#L421-L648.
Your use case would likely be simpler.