[ImageJ-devel] Save/write image with SCIFIO/BF in python script

Hadrien Mary hadrien.mary at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:59:46 CST 2015

Thank you Mark !

Sorry if it's off topic but I tried to run my script and I got a
python error probably related to type difference between python and
java. It's not the first time I saw this kind of message and I'd like
to know how to resolve it. Note that for python script I mainly use
javadoc as documentation.

The error is below coming from almost the same script as before in this thread.

********************************
Started test_open_save.py at Tue Jan 13 22:54:36 CET 2015
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/hadim/Documents/phd/dev/scripts/imagej_scripts/test_open_save.py",
line 17, in <module>
    config.imgOpenerSetRegion(ImageRegion(axes, ranges))
TypeError: io.scif.img.ImageRegion(): 1st arg can't be coerced to
net.imagej.axis.AxisType[]

at org.python.core.Py.TypeError(Py.java:235)
at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.throwError(PyReflectedFunction.java:209)
at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.throwBadArgError(PyReflectedFunction.java:312)
at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.throwError(PyReflectedFunction.java:321)
at org.python.core.PyReflectedConstructor.__call__(PyReflectedConstructor.java:176)
at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:345)
at org.python.core.PyMethod.instancemethod___call__(PyMethod.java:220)
at org.python.core.PyMethod.__call__(PyMethod.java:211)
at org.python.core.PyMethod.__call__(PyMethod.java:206)
at org.python.core.Deriveds.dispatch__init__(Deriveds.java:19)
at org.python.core.PyObjectDerived.dispatch__init__(PyObjectDerived.java:1057)
at org.python.core.PyType.type___call__(PyType.java:1565)
at org.python.core.PyType.__call__(PyType.java:1548)
at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:404)
at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:408)
at org.python.pycode._pyx0.f$0(/home/hadim/Documents/phd/dev/scripts/imagej_scripts/test_open_save.py:26)
at org.python.pycode._pyx0.call_function(/home/hadim/Documents/phd/dev/scripts/imagej_scripts/test_open_save.py)
at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java:165)
at org.python.core.PyCode.call(PyCode.java:18)
at org.python.core.Py.runCode(Py.java:1275)
at org.scijava.plugins.scripting.jython.JythonScriptEngine.eval(JythonScriptEngine.java:76)
at org.scijava.script.ScriptModule.run(ScriptModule.java:175)
at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.run(ModuleRunner.java:167)
at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.call(ModuleRunner.java:126)
at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.call(ModuleRunner.java:65)
at org.scijava.thread.DefaultThreadService$2.call(DefaultThreadService.java:164)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

--
Hadrien Mary

Ph.D student in Biology
Tournier-Gachet Team