[ImageJ-devel] RegionOfInterest vs Region

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Aug 21 23:18:01 CDT 2015

Hi Jay,

> Question about deprecated RegionOfInterest-related classes in
> ImgLib2-roi. What should I use instead?

Unfortunately, there are some things in ImgLib2 (e.g. RegionOfInterest) and
ImageJ2 (e.g. ImgPlus) that have been deprecated, but with no replacement
yet.

While the intent was to convey that the API is going to change, I now
believe these deprecations were premature: deprecation should wait till
there is a clear migration path, or else developers will simply suppress
the warnings.

Anyway, for now I would suggest using RegionOfInterest. And when something
better comes along, we'll let you know.