[ImageJ-devel] @parameter choice update in component callback

Jan Eglinger jan.eglinger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 06:50:20 CDT 2015

Hi Felix and all,

On 20.08.2015 10:06, MEYENHOFER Felix wrote:
> I couldn’t find any hint that it is possible to update the choices of a parameter (declared with the annotator) in a callback that for another parameter. For example; I have a file chooser and once a file hase been chosen, I want to read some file metadata and then update the choices of the combobox that allows to select the images series.
> Since I could not figure a way to do it, I wanted to ask here if it is possible at all?

I think dynamic adjustment of parameters isn't possible currently, but I
agree that it would be a great thing to have.

I know quite some use cases where either a DialogListener or a series of
subsequent dialogs are used in ImageJ 1.x plugins to adjust parameter
choice to previously harvested input.

> Furthermore, is it possible to get a directory chooser instead of a file chooser in the configuration dialog of a command using the @Parameter annotation?

Yes, by using the
     style = "directory"
attribute. See *Templates > Python > Process Folder* in the script
editor, and this related discussion:
   https://github.com/imagej/imagej-legacy/pull/114

Best,
Jan