[ImageJ-devel] Maven TrackMate Dependency Question

Jay Warrick jay.w.warrick at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 06:44:12 CDT 2014

Hi All,

I was hoping someone on the list might have a suggestion for the following 2 problems I'm having. First, I'm trying to use TrackMate in my program. I updated my pom to use the new TrackMate version 2.5 instead of version 2.3. I've also checked all the dependency hierarchies of my project modules in Eclipse for dependencies on the old version and only find a dependency on v 2.5.

		<dependency>
			<groupId>sc.fiji</groupId>
			<artifactId>TrackMate_</artifactId>
			<version>2.5.0</version>
		</dependency>

However, it seems maven still thinks I'm using v 2.3 according to the following error message.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

[WARNING] The POM for sc.fiji:TrackMate_:jar:2.3.0 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available: 1 problem was encountered while building the effective model for sc.fiji:TrackMate_:2.3.0
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.groupId' for ${jama.groupId}:jama:jar with value '${jama.groupId}' does not match a valid id pattern. @

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

This brings me to the second problem... how can I resolve this above warning/error message? Is there something I should be doing differently in general when I want to specifically depend on similar FIJI plugin? This issue appears to be preventing the inclusion of my own "wrapper plugin" which depends on this jar/plugin as all my wrapper plugins are listed in my application when run except for the wrapper plugin that depends on the TrackMate jar.

Here's what I've tried... I forced update of snapshots and releases from within Eclipse for all modules of my project. I turned off "Build Automatically" within Eclipse and went to the command line and ran 'mvn -e -U clean install'. I even deleted my ~/.m2/repository contents as a last ditch effort.

As background information, my parent pom is scijava

	<parent>
		<groupId>org.scijava</groupId>
		<artifactId>pom-scijava</artifactId>
		<version>3.4</version>
	</parent>

 but I depend on imagej with the following...

	<dependencyManagement>
		<dependencies>
			<dependency>
				<groupId>net.imagej</groupId>