[ImageJ-devel] Randomization seed option

Safaa Al-Haj Saleh alhaj.safa at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 02:17:40 CDT 2014

Hello all,

I need more clarification about "Randomization Seed" option in K-means Clustering Plugin please. I know that when using randomization seed, cluster centers are initialized to the same values when running the algorithm many times.

I just don't understand how to choose the suitable randomization seed value. I have read the related description "The seed is the initial value of the internal state of the pseudrandom number generator"; but I did not get the point.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards,
Safaa