[ImageJ-devel] Jenkins upgrade

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 31 01:23:27 CST 2014

Hi everyone,

Yesterday we upgraded ImageJ's Jenkins to a much newer version [1]. The
upgrade had some difficulties, but the problems are largely resolved now
thanks to Johannes's efforts. There are only a couple of failing jobs left
to address [2].

We are now tracking the Jenkins Debian repository directly, so hopefully it
will be easier to painlessly keep Jenkins more up to date henceforth.

Please let us know if you notice any continuing problems with Jenkins.

[1] We did this in an attempt to eliminate a problem we noticed where the
SCM synchronizer jobs were getting stuck at a step near the end of the
build. It appeared to be a bug in Jenkins where the build itself was not
*quite* complete for an extended period of time, but Jenkins considered the
build to be finished for the purposes of starting a new build. So multiple
builds of the same job ended up executing concurrently, to unfortunate
effect.

[2] Jobs left to fix:
* Saalfeld-MPICBG-Maven
* Sholl-Analysis
* ImageJ1-releases (Windows)

The problem with Saalfeld-MPICBG-Maven will be fixed pending merge of this
PR: https://github.com/axtimwalde/mpicbg/pull/7

The other two are Java memory issues ("java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen
space") which we will work on fixing tomorrow -- will likely be easy to
fix:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Builds+failing+with+OutOfMemoryErrors