[ImageJ-devel] [fiji-devel] Export interactive 3d surface plot for 3d print

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Mon Jan 6 10:14:35 CST 2014

Hi Dan, or FriedK,

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014, Dan Knight wrote:

> i am very interested in this function. An export format for any 3D program
> would be nice like .stl .dxf or point-cloud.

The problem is that the Interactive 3D Plot does not expose any API to
that end.

You might have more luck with the 3D Viewer: it purportedly has a 2D
surface plot option (it should say "mode" or some such and default to
"volume") but last time I tried, it did not work.

The author of the 3D Viewer is Cc:ed.

Ciao,
Johannes