[ImageJ-devel] Scripting examples

Brian Northan bnorthan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 11:10:53 CST 2014

Hi Curtis

Thank you for your last update on the scripting.  I got a chance to play
around with it and have been running some simple Jython scripts.

Now I am trying to understand how one should be accessing ImageJ2
functionality from the scripts.  In ImageJ1 I use the static functions in
the IJ class, IJ.run, IJ.openImage etc.

So far in ImageJ2 I have been writing java applications that start by
instantiating an ImageJ app and then use that to access services and run
commands. Basically following the tutorials.

So how are things intended to work in a script??  Is there a simpler api
somewhere like the IJ API??  Or does one still need to use the service APIs
in a script??

Thanks

Brian