[ImageJ-devel] Img <-> BufferedImage conversion

Brian Schlining bschlining at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 17:20:50 CDT 2014

Hi All,

I’m trying to use imglib2 for some image processing. One thing I need to do is transform Img (actually ArrayImg) objects to BufferedImages. I’d also like to be able to transform those BufferedImages back into ArrayImg objects. For the most part I’m currently working with just PNG and JPEG (i.e. ARGB).

I think I found a way to convert an Img to BufferedImage, but I’m not sure this is the recommended method. So if anyone has a better recommendation, please let me know!! Here’s the method I found:

// Scala code, sorry Java folks.

import net.imglib2.img.display.imagej.ImageJFunctions

val imagePlus = ImageJFunctions.wrap(img, "")
val bufferedImage = imagePlus.getBufferedImage

How do I convert the buffered image back to an Img object? I saw this code at https://github.com/imglib/imglib/…/BufferedImageImg.java, but the resulting ArrayImg has dimensions of (height, width, 1) instead of the expected dimensions of (heigh, width, 3), so it doesn’t appear to be doing the right thing.

Thanks!

Brian

--
Brian Schlining