[ImageJ-devel] Jython error

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Thu Apr 10 09:45:12 CDT 2014

Hi Brian,

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014, Brian Northan wrote:

> It seems the "problem" is jruby-complete-1.7.11.jar.  I think this was
> only added recently.
>
> If I delete this the jython scripts work again.  But I am guessing it is
> actually jython-2.5.2.jar that has the obsolete version of jffi.

Ah, that's quite possible: if Jython's code path into JFFI causes mixing
between JFFI versions.

> Should jython-2.5.2.jar be updated as to be compatible with
> jruby-complete-1.7.11.jar??

Hopefully an update to a newer Jython would fix it. Niko Ehrenfeuchter
tested this and uploaded it to the unibas update site; if you activate
that update site, maybe it will work for you even in the presence of
jruby-complete?

Ideally, of course, we would have only non-fat .jar files (i.e. .jar files
that do not bundle other dependencies within). It will be a major
undertaking, I fear, so I won't be able to tackle it at least until June.

Ciao,
Johannes