[ImageJ-devel] Big objects in the imglib2 repository

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Sat May 18 11:52:16 CDT 2013

Hi Stephan,

On Sat, 18 May 2013, Stephan Saalfeld wrote:

> Sorry---I hadn't thought that through.  I wanted to have this file at a
> location that is easy to access when reporting the 50x slower opening
> ZIP-files issue with ImgOpener recently.

A much better solution, as we worked out in the little project back in
Dresden about regression testing in TrakEM2 (which was your idea, thanks!)
is to generate test data.

> It then made it into master when I merged which I regret.

It already made downloads large when only the topic branch existed.

> Do you have a good solution for removing it without breaking everybodies
> history?

There is no removing it without breaking everybody's history; in the best
case, people will just get merge conflicts, in the worst case, they will
add the large file back without realizing.

Sorry,
Johannes