[ImageJ-devel] (no subject)

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu May 16 10:52:54 CDT 2013

Hi Dscho,

> In particular, I am worried about these four lines:
>
> Warning: obsolete 'jars/lwf-stubs-4.5-SNAPSHOT.jar' still installed!
> Warning: obsolete 'jars/loci-legacy-4.5-SNAPSHOT.jar' still installed!
> Warning: obsolete 'jars/scifio-devel-4.5-SNAPSHOT.jar' still installed!
> Warning: obsolete 'jars/turbojpeg-4.5-SNAPSHOT.jar' still installed!

Yes, and these lines would also break things:

> Would upload new version of jars/jai_imageio-4.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
> Would upload new version of jars/ome-xml-4.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
> Would upload new version of jars/scifio-4.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
> Would mark jars/loci-common-4.4.9-SNAPSHOT.jar obsolete

> P.S.: I will now test whether the uploader still works if I copy over
> only jars/*updater*.jar to Fiji; this would allow us to punt on
> Bio-Formats for now and do a full upload later, at a more opportune
> time.

OK, that may be the best plan for now. We will have to resolve this within
the next two weeks anyway for the ImageJ 2.0.0-beta-7 release. My current
thinking is that we can ship Bio-Formats 4.4.x stable releases (used by the
"LOCI plugins") in parallel to SCIFIO development releases (used by
ImgLib2/ImageJ2/etc.), because they have different package structures. We
will just need to strip out the loci.* packages from the SCIFIO development
releases first, which should be easy enough.

Another thing we could do to assist with this sort of thing is to set up a
test update site for ImageJ, and one for Fiji. Then we can verify behavior
in a safe environment before uploading to the real update sites.