[ImageJ-devel] [icy] Re: .MRXS files in ICY

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Wed May 1 17:25:02 CDT 2013

Hi Stephane,

> Thanks for the information.
> We are currently testing the following method to open image tile by tile:
>    byte[] openBytes(int no, byte[] buf, int x, int y, int w, int h)
>
> but it appears that all reader do not support it very well, we tested both
> on JPEG and NDPI reader and obtained errors in both case.

> Is there any way
> to know how much this method is supported ?

Your best bet is to ask on ome-devel and/or look at the open tickets:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/query?status=accepted&status=new&status=reopened&component=Bio-Formats&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority

In general, pretty much everything except for JPEG-based formats (JPEG,
NDPI, Hamamatsu VMS) will work in the latest stable version; for very
large images those won't work because the entire image needs to be
decoded in order to get a tile.  Support for NDPI and VMS is much better on
the develop branch (i.e.  trunk builds), but opening tiles from a JPEG still
requires that the entire image be decoded first.

Regards,
-Melissa